Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Three Week Update

Well, it's been a little bit since my initial post about having weight loss surgery, and it's been exactly three weeks since I had the surgery. It's been a lot of ups and downs, but it's going well over all.

The first week was hard and the second week was even harder, but starting with this third week, it's getting better. I've been eating mostly liquids, with some soft foods here and there. The biggest challenge I've come across is learning how not to drink and eat at the same time. Since my stomach can only hold about 4oz right now, there's not enough room for the proper amount of food if I'm drinking at the same time. It's something that I've done my whole life, so breaking that habit is fairly difficult, but I'm sure I'll get there at some point.

I weighed myself today at 299 lbs, and I almost cried. It's the first time I've weighed under 300lbs in over eight years. I remember being about 6 months pregnant with my son and clocking in at 301. It never went down again.  I've officially lost 30lbs since surgery, and 80lbs since last June. It's a humbling experience that makes me feel like this is all worth it.

Thank you to everyone who's supported me and shared their well wishes. It's meant the world to me.

Until next time,

<3 Shel

March 5th

March 11th

 March 14th



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shel!! Keep on keepin' on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're doing brilliantly, pretty lady! i'm so very very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete